SSDC PERFORMANCE CLASSES 2019-20
Welcome back to our past students and a big welcome to all new students! There is a place for every age and every level of performer at Saskatoon Salsa. Join us for another inspiring, fun, and dance-filled year!
2019-20 In-Person REGISTRATION is August 27th-29th and September 3rd-5th, 2019 from 6:00-8:00pm. All performers MUST attend a registration night*
*Performers will be given one or more choices for groups they are able to perform in. This decision is made by the director and instructors. If you are NEW to SSDC, we will set up an assessment time to determine which class suits you best.
2019-20 Children, Youth, & Adult Performance Groups run from September 9th - December 14th and January 6th- June 6th. Most groups run for the full 10 months (Sept-June) however a few groups run for 4-6 months at a time.
*In addition to these dates, our teams often get asked to perform at community events
1) December 14th - Christmas Boogaloo - ALL TEAMS/STUDENTS
2) Feb 28th- March 2nd - Atlanta Salsa Congress - Bella & Bello
3) April 4th - Holy Guacamole - Los Locos, Las Mamacitas, Advanced Ladies, Kids Competitive team, Kids Couples Team, Bella & Bello YXE, YXE Cuban Project, Beginner Partners
4) June 6th - CANDELA Year End Showcase - ALL TEAMS/STUDENTS
5) June 12-14th - Winnipeg Salsa Congress - Los Locos, Las Mamacitas, Advanced Ladies, Kids Competitive team, Kids Couples Team, Bella & Bello YXE, Cuban Project
6) June 25th-30th - Puerto Rico Children’s Salsa Congress - open to all children over age 6, more info coming soon
JOIN A TEAM
At Saskatoon Salsa, we welcome ALL levels of dancers to perform, even complete beginners. Please see the chart below (Class times are subject to change). All students will be placed on the correct team that fits their level. If you are new to SSDC, we will set up an assessment time for you. All potential performance students MUST attend a registration night*
*Please note that tuition fees can be paid monthly over 10 months by post-dated cheque or credit card.
2019-20 CLASS SCHEDULE
TUITION & FEES
See the charts above for Tuition and Fees associated with each team. If you are in more than one group, you receive 20% off of your second group (applies to one student taking multiple classes, does not apply to families). Families receive discount on the registration fee
1) Tuition Fee - This cost includes your class fees and training, and any extra practices. It can be paid in full OR monthly via post-dated cheque or credit card (if your tuition is $661.50 then you make 10 post-dated cheques of $66.15 dated the first of each month). PLEASE NOTE that even though there are not as many classes in December or June, the monthly instalment cheques are the same as they are divided from the total tuition cost.
2) Registration Fee - $25 per student (if you are in more than one group, you only pay this once). This fee must be paid by September 1st. This cost includes all administration costs associated with the school.
3) Costume Fees - we ask for a instalment or "deposit" to go towards your costume fees. The remainder of fees will be due before each performance. For example, if you are in a 10 month group, you pay $80 on September 1st and $80 on January 1st as you have two different shows/costumes. Any extra fees will be billed to you before the show dates.
4) Competition & Congress Fees - will be billed separately and only apply to intermediate-advanced teams.
5) Puerto Rico Travel Team - This year all children over the age of 6 have the option to perform in Puerto Rico in June. We will have information and sign-up sheets available at registration time.
HOW TO REGISTER
1) Please attend one of our in-person registration nights, this is mandatory to be able to register as a performer. August 27th-29th and September 3rd-5th, 2019 from 6:00-8:00pm at 3521 8th Street East, downstairs in B7 (Blue Studio)
2) At registration please have your payment method on you. You can pay in full by cash, cheque, credit card, or E-Transfer (we do NOT accept E-transfer or cash monthly) OR you can pay monthly by cheques or credit card. We ask that you do not fill out your cheques until you are at registration, to make sure all amounts are correct. Students are not officially registered until payment is received.
We are a Creative Kids provider. Please contact them regarding available grants for your child to attend classes at Saskatoon Salsa. www.creativekidssask.ca
STUDIO LOCATION: 3521 8th Street East (Suite B6 & B7, Lower Level)
*If you miss registration, please contact Kimberly to check for options.